Friday, November 16, 2007

Why So Rude About People?

09:30 AM What right have I got to be rude about people by calling them "greymen"? Only on reflection does this strike me. And yet, on rereading the blog, it seems that the minute the show started, I zoned out from the detail, and automatically made the panel grey. As had most txters, I think. I had preconditioned myself to ignore the visual TV element and go for the txting.

So with apologies to the greymen, nothing personal, here's the skinny:

The Chair was David Dimbleby. The venue was Buxton in Derbyshire and the panel comprised the two contenders for leadership of the Liberal Party. They were Chris Huhne and Nick Clegg. Huhne is the 53 year-old (a.k.a. bluetie) MP for Eastleigh and LibDem shadow Secretary of State for DEFRA. Clegg is the 40 year-old chap (a.k.a. redtie), MP for Sheffield Hallam and LibDem home affairs spokesman.

No comments: